30 May 2010

Canada Meteor/ite News Past

The Kitchener Daylight Fireball of November 4, 1977

by AA Griffin - 1978
THE KITCHENER DAYLIGHT FIREBALL OF NOVEMBER 4, 1977 BY A. A. GRIFFIN AND I. HALLIDAY Herzberg Institute ofAstrophysics, National Research Council of Canada, ...
adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1978JRASC..72..189G

The daylight fireball of January 20, 1988

by GCL Aikman - 1989
For comparison, a sun-rivalling daylight fireball comparable to the present one was seen in Canada a decade ago as the Kitchener fireball of November 4, ...
adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1989JRASC..83..232A

1 comment:

mhatter68 said...

Hello, my name is Scott and I live just north of Chicago, USA (10miles NW of Chicago). I was 8 years old walking home from the school bus stop when I looked up and saw a giant fireball in the sky. I stood there and stared in disbelief. I was walking west and the fireball seemed to be moving west by northwest on a slight angle. I have told a couple of people about this throughout the years, but no one really believed me. this is the first time i have ever heard any one else ever talk about seeing this giant daytime fireball in the sky. I wonder if anyone else has seen this in the US? mhatter68@aim.com